Fees and Services
Cindy’s session rates:
$150 for 50-minute session
$225 for 75-minute session
$270 for 90-minute session
Dr. Menije’s session rates:
$225 for 50-minute session
$340 for 75-minute session
$400 for 90-minute session
In most cases, we meet with our clients on a weekly basis. In some circumstances, it can also be helpful to meet twice or three times per week depending on what you would like to work on. You and your therapist will decide on the frequency of your sessions within the first few meetings and can reassess during the course of our work together.
We are an out-of-network provider for all insurance panels; therefore, we are not affiliated with any insurance panel. Many PPO plans may reimburse in full or in part for our therapy services. Unfortunately, HMO, Medi-Cal, and Medicare insurances do not reimburse as they require that you see someone on their panel. To determine if your insurance coverage includes outpatient therapy sessions with an out-of-network provider, contact your insurance company directly by calling the customer service number found online or on the back of your insurance card.
We recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
– Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
– Do I have a deductible for out of network provider? If so, what is it, and have I met it yet?
– Do I have an out-of-pocket maximum for out of network provider?
– Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have with an out-of-network provider? If so, what is the limit (e.g. 12 sessions)?
– Do I need written approval in order for services to be covered (i.e. pre-authorization)?
– What is the reimbursement rate for an out of network provider for mental health (if necessary, give them the CPT code 90834) – e.g. 50% or 60% or 70 %
– Is there a maximum of this reimbursement rate?
– Does my plan cover teletherapy (online therapy) services?
We request payment at each session. We are happy to prepare a monthly billing statement for you to submit to your insurance provider, often known as a “superbill”. I accept cash, all major credit cards, and personal checks. If using an HSA/FSA card, check with your card administrator to make sure counseling is considered a qualified expense.
Once we have scheduled an appointment, you are responsible to pay for the session unless you provide a 24-hour notice of cancellation. Please be advised that you are responsible to pay for the full session amount if you do not provide a 24-hour notice of cancellation.
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!