Fees and Services
$200 for 50-minute session
$300 for 75-minute session
$360 for 90-minute session
In most cases, I meet with my clients on a weekly basis. In some circumstances it can also be helpful to meet twice or three times per week depending on what you would like to work on. We will decide on the frequency of your sessions within the first few meetings, and can reassess during the course of our work together.
I am an out-of-network provider for all insurance panels; therefore, I am not affiliated with any insurance panel. Many PPO plans may reimburse in full or in part for my services. Unfortunately, HMO, Medi-Cal, and Medicare insurances do not reimburse as they require that you see someone on their panel. To determine if your insurance coverage includes outpatient therapy sessions with an out-of-network provider, contact your insurance company directly by calling the customer service number found online or on the back of your insurance card.
I would recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
– Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
– Do I have a deductible for out of network provider? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
– Do I have out of pocket maximum for out of network provider?
– Does my plan limit how many sessions per the calendar year I can have with an out of network provider? If so, what is the limit (e.g. 12 sessions)?
– Do I need written approval in order for services to be covered (i.e. pre-authorization)?
– What is the reimbursement rate for an out of network provider for mental health (if necessary, give them the CPT code 90834) – e.g. 50% or 60% or 70 %
– Is there a maximum of this reimbursement rate?
– Does my plan cover tele-therapy (online therapy) services?
I request payment at each session, but I am happy to prepare a monthly billing statement for you to submit to your insurance provider, often known as a “superbill”. I accept cash, all major credit cards, and personal checks. If using a HSA/FSA card, check with your card administrator to make sure counseling is considered a qualified expense.
Once we have scheduled an appointment, you are responsible to pay for the session unless you provide a 24-hour notice of cancellation. Please be advised that you are responsible to pay for the full session amount if you do not provide a 24-hour notice of cancellation.
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!